The Groth Model 2450A Emergency Pressure Relief Valve is designed to provide emergency relief capacity beyond that furnished by the normal operating pressure/vacuum relief valve on the tank. The valve protects the tank against rupture or internal pressures caused by fire exposure, etc. the valve is designed to be self-closing. As excessive pressure builds up, it relieves, then reseats when over pressure has been dissipated. Model 2450A is built of corrosion resistant materials throughout. Groth’s special fluoropolymer “cushioned air” pallet and peripheral guiding insures proper alignment and integrity of seating.
Size: Sizes 16", 20", 24", and 30"
Material: Available in carbon steel, stainless steel and other materials
Pressure: 1.5 - 8 oz/in2 (6.46 mbarg to 34.5 mbarg)
Vacuum: 0.5 - 4 oz/in2 (2.15 mbarg to 17.2 mbarg)
Certification: ATEX Approval
• A wide stainless steel seat and air-cushion seal keeps leakage low long after the valve is put in service
• A hinged design including a lift stop ensuring positive re-seating for reliable performance
• Incorporates a vacuum breaker for added vacuum relief capability.
• Easy access manway combined with emergency relief
• ANSI 150# and API 650 drilling classes available
• Buna-N, Fluoropolymer, FKM and other seating diaphragms
• Counter weights are available for lower settings
• Steam Jacket